Giving Our Youngest Learners the Very Best Start in Life
At Immaculate Conception School (ICS), we believe that each child is a unique individual and special child of God. Staffed by certified teachers, our Pre-K 3 and Pre-K 4 classes provide the structure and guidance necessary for each child to grow in a fun, safe and nurturing environment.
In order to prepare our youngest learners for Kindergarten we have designed a Pre-K program that helps each child develop new skills and build upon existing ones. Children have the opportunity to play, learn, and grow as they benefit from a curriculum that includes:
- Teacher-directed and self-directed learning activities in the areas of language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, physical activity, art, and music
- Time spent in our STREAM Makerspace Lab (STREAM consists of Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Art and Math)
- An introduction to sign language
- Bible stories and daily prayers
- Daily singing and creative movement
- Technology-rich classrooms equipped with a SMART board, iPad, Google Chromebox, and Apple TV
Top in the Archdiocese of Baltimore
The Pre-K programs at ICS are certified by the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) as a Maryland EXCELS Level 5 provider, which is the highest rating available and is indicative of our strong commitment to high quality child care and early education.