2020 ICS Summer
As you settle into vacation mode, be sure to pick up some good books to read. You can certainly start with the summer book assignments listed below, but don’t let your literary adventures end there. As a faculty and staff, we will be highlighting our favorite books over the break on social media and encourage you to share what you are reading as well.
It is so important that students continue to practice both ELA and math skills throughout the summer, so that they are ready for school on August 31st. Our rising Kindergarten and 1st graders will complete special assignments, but all other grades have been assigned IXL skills. You will need your school-issued IXL username and password for this work. We have created checklists to help track progress. This summer it is all about the skills and less about the time. Please read through the directions carefully and talk as a family about how you will establish your summer work routines. Consistency is best!
Blessings to everyone for a fun and productive summer!
Please read the attached IXL instructional information from Mrs. McMahon and the letter from Mrs. Rowan on the summer reading initiative below.
Summer Reading Initiative
Rising 2nd Grade
Rising 3rd Grade
Rising 5th Grade
- 5th Grade Summer ELA IXL Information – attached HERE
- 5th Grade Summer Reading List – attached HERE
- 5th Grade ELA IXL Grade Level Log – attached HERE
- 5th Grade ELA IXL Advanced Reading Log – attached HERE
Rising 6th Grade
Rising 7th Grade
Rising 8th Grade
- 8th Grade Summer ELA Information & Book List -attached HERE
- 8th Grade ELA IXL Grade Level Assignment – attached HERE
- 8th Grade ELA IXL AdvancedAssignment – attached HERE