STAND: Archdiocese of Baltimore’s Policy for the Protection of Children and Youth
Thank you for your interest in serving as a volunteer/employee at Immaculate Conception School. Immaculate Conception School and the Archdiocese of Baltimore have a commitment to maintaining the trust of the faithful by providing our children and youth with safe environments characterized by healthy relationships. With our longstanding commitment in mind, all parishes and archdiocesan catholic schools use Shield the Vulnerable, a compliance management system that allows all parishes and schools to facilitate compliance with archdiocesan child protection requirements for all volunteers/employees who work with minors, employees, and clergy.
Our parish and school take seriously the safety and well being of your children in every aspect of their lives. When you entrust us with their care, we strive to provide a protective environment in which they will be safe. The Archdiocese of Baltimore requires STAND Training for all employees and volunteers in compliance with the AoB Policy for the Protection of Children and Youth.
All parents must be STAND compliant in order to volunteer on campus, in his/her child’s class, attend field trips, etc. The Statement of Policy for the Protection of Children & Youth is located on the archdiocese's web site located here.
Please register as an Immaculate Conception School volunteer at www.shieldthevulnerable.org
- Select First-Time Signup
- Select Catholic Dioceses
- Select Baltimore Archdiocese, then select Confirm
- You will then see a letter from Archbishop Lori. After reading his letter, select NEXT.
- User Login Data section: You will create your own login-ID and password. Once all requested information is completed, select Next Step.
- Affiliation section: Select Volunteer as User Type.
- Select the appropriate Location Type, Where Located, and Location Name.
- Because you are working with children, select Substantial contact w/children. However, if you also will be driving children as part of your volunteer service, then select Drivers with contact. Then select Next Step.
- You will be asked, “Do you volunteer at another location?” If you will be serving at another location, repeat steps 6-8 for that location.
- Application Info section: You will be asked, “Are you a new volunteer?” Select Yes.
- Answer the three questions for volunteers/employees and provide three references. Then select, Next Step.
- Summary/Confirm section: Review your information. If it is correct, select Accept and then Confirm Signup.
- Background Check Registration/Criminal History Screening: Complete the background check form and authorization. Enter your electronic signature, then choose I Consent to the Background Check or I DO NOT Consent to the Background Check. (If you do not consent to the background check, you may not serve as a volunteer who will have substantial contact with children.)
- Next you will need to complete Protect the Children: STAND online training.
- Once you have finished the training, you will be asked to read the Archdiocese of Baltimore’s child and youth protection policies: A Statement of Policy for the Protection of Children and Youth and the Code of Conduct for Church Personnel in the Archdiocese of Baltimore. You will be asked to answer questions about the policies.
STAND training and background screenings are good for five years. Once your STAND expires, you will be required to renew it through Shield the Vulnerable. Please follow the instructions for New Volunteers to set up your account and to complete the various steps.
Please contact Carole Horsey by e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-427-4801 if you have any questions.