The primary purpose of Immaculate Conception School is to educate the whole child in the context of the Catholic faith. We lead children toward spiritual, emotional, moral, intellectual, physical, and social development. The educational focus of Immaculate Conception School is to provide a solid academic foundation and to develop critical thinking skills. Additionally, we encourage students to give witness to Catholic values through service to the church, parish, family, and society.
As the educational leaders of the Immaculate Conception School we believe a student should:
- Have an understanding of his/her worth as a child of God,
- Be encouraged to be active, responsible participants in the learning process,
- Share his/her unique talents with the school community,
- Respect, appreciate, and treat other students with cordial reverence,
- Assume responsibility for developing self-discipline, and
- Be assured of a safe, respectable, comfortable, and secure environment.
As faith-filled educators and role models, we believe the teachers of the Immaculate Conception School should:
- Guide students to live and act in a manner which mirrors Christ's life,
- Teach students through formal and informal learning activities to gain necessary academic skills and maintain behavioral standards
- Recognize individual needs,
- Encourage the ultimate potential growth of each student, and
- Strive to develop on-going cooperative relationships with parents in the best interests of the children