Immaculate Conception School is a parochial school located in Baltimore, Maryland that educates children in pre-school through 8th grade.
The school's greatest strength is its dedication to continually improve the curriculum in accordance with student needs and the opportunities and challenges presented by technology and life in the 21st century. Success at ICS is demonstrated on numerous levels. In 2011 the Archdiocese Division of Catholic Schools named ICS an official STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) school and selected ICS to represent the diocese in its recent accreditation review with AdvancEd. Immaculate Conception expanded that focus in 2013 to include Religion and the Arts, becoming a STREAM school. Focusing our efforts is a core belief that, as Catholic educators, we strive to fulfill our parish mission in leading our students through the period of transition from childhood through adolescence. We offer a strong academic education, grounded in personal responsibility, within a faith-based environment, recognizing we are all children of God. This goal is supported by a philosophy that the primary purpose of ICS is to educate the whole child in the context of the Catholic faith. We lead children toward spiritual, emotional, moral, intellectual, physical, and social development. The educational focus of ICS is to provide a solid academic foundation and to develop critical thinking skills. Additionally, we encourage students to give witness to Catholic values through service.
Opened in 1887 with 15 students in a basement room under the direction of the School Sisters of Notre Dame, the milestones of ICS represent a history of growth and dedication to students and families. In 1926 the Sisters of Saint Francis took control of the school and in 1928 secured funding for a three-story building. In 1940 the school purchased land for athletic fields; in 1960 constructed a library and additional classrooms; in 2002 added a large meeting room, kitchen, and office space; in 2010 began using the gym, cafeteria, auditorium and additional classrooms in the former Towson Catholic HS building; and in 2011 SMART boards were installed in every classroom. In 2012 the school expanded to include the second floor of that wing which now houses the middle school. ICS continues its affiliation with the Sisters of Saint Francis and promotes their spirit of joy, peace and serving the poor.
Want to learn more about ICS and see what a great school we have?