Acknowledge, Accept, Adore
Refresh, Renew, Restore
On Saturday, November 28, 1998, the Church of the Immaculate Conception began Perpetual Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.The Adoration Chapel is meant for all parishes in the area. All are invited to be part of this important and much needed prayer program.
Jesus can physically be adored in the most Blessed Sacrament. Come and spend time as frequently as you are able to in the presence of Our Savior and watch Him transform your life!
"Each one of us is a co-worker of Christ – we must labor hard to carry Him to the hearts where He has not yet been known and loved…But, unless we have Jesus, we cannot give Him; that is why we need the Eucharist. Spend as much time as possible in front of the Blessed Sacrament and He will fill you with His strength and His power."
– Saint Teresa of Calcutta
What is Adoration?
Eucharistic Adoration, "is a devotional practice of adoring and praying in the Real Presence of Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Holy Eucharist". The Adoration Chapel has adoration 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. The Eucharist is displayed in a special vessel called a monstrance, and people come to pray and worship Jesus. Adorers are present with Jesus at all times.
Why Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament?
- To bring honor and glory to Our Lord through praise and worship.
- To profess your faith and gratitude for His True Presence in the Eucharist.
- To deepen your prayer life and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- To spend time listening to Our Lord to discover His will for your life.
- To be healed physically, spiritually and emotionally.
- To deepen His peace within you
How can I spend an hour with Jesus?
- Give thanks for all the blessings you have received.
- Listen to what He has to tell you.
- Tell Him about your happy and sad moments.
- Talk to Him about your family, friends and loved ones.
- Tell Him about you triumphs and challenges.
- Ask Him for help if you need it.
- Read the Holy Scriptures.
- Bring a book to help you meditate.
- Pray the Holy Rosary.
- Pray the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy.
- Pray for the sick.
- Tell Him how much you love Him.
- Enjoy being in His presence.
All are welcome from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m daily. For security reasons, only scheduled adorers will have access to the chapel from 10:00 p.m. - 5:00 a.m.
NEW Adorers (and Substitutes) please follow these instructions.
Existing Adorers please follow these instructions.
Call 410-427-4711 in case of inclement weather to make sure the Adoration Chapel is open.
Miraculous Medal Novena
Please join us Monday evenings at 7pm, in our Adoration Chapel. Our weekly service is one segment of the Novena in honor of Our Lady of Miraculous Medal and includes Eucharistic Adoration known as Benediction. This short service is an easy way to show by example that prayer is not just for Sundays.