There are many ways that families can give to The Church of the Immaculate Conception Parish to assist in the many ministries of the parish. Please feel free to call the Development Office to ask further questions about leaving a legacy of goodness to our faith community at the Church of the Immaculate Conception.
Church Planned Giving
- Charitable Gift Annuities are a popular way to leave a legacy to missionary societies, universities, and more recently, the Parish to which you belong. Gift Annuities provide a guaranteed income stream for either one or two lifetimes, in the case of a spouse. Income can be received immediately or on a deferred basis. Compared with CD's or low dividend stocks, it's possible to increase your income, receive a charitable deduction, and make a wonderful legacy gift to the Church.
- Wills & Bequeaths are the most frequent form of legacy giving. They can be part of a standard type of will or added to an existing will by means of a codicil. You can specify a dollar amount or leave a residual (remaining) portion of your estate after all other distributions are made. This usually takes the form of a percentage ranging from 10% to 100% of the residual portion.
- What is the simplest way to write a bequest?
Should you decided to include the Church of the Immaculate Conception in your Will, please use the following codicil and forward to your attorney:
“I bequeath the sum of $ ______ or ____ percentage of the residual of my estate to the Church of the Immaculate Conception, Roman Catholic Congregation, Inc., located at 200 Ware Avenue, Towson, MD 21204 for the benefit of (The Church of the Immaculate Conception or Immaculate Conception School)."
- Gifts of Appreciated Securities (i.e. stock & mutual funds). If you own long-term securities that have appreciated in value, you may prefer to contribute securities rather than cash. In this way, there may be both capital gains tax and income tax benefits.
- Gifts of Life Insurance presents many donation possibilities. You may donate an up-to-date policy, purchase a new policy in the Parish’s name and make the premium payments, or name Immaculate Conception as a beneficiary of a current policy.
Endowment funds are an accumulation of resources that donors choose to maintain intact and in perpetuity; only the income (interest) from the funds is distributed for designated purposes. We created endowments to ensure the future of our school. The benefit of the endowment funds established for Immaculate Conception School is to provide tuition assistance to deserving students and for the operating needs of the School.
Please contact the Development Office or email@example.com if considering making a gift of commitment to the financial security and future of our schools.