Looking to grow in your faith while connecting with other young adults/professionals? Discipleship strives to bring together all local Catholics, ages 21 to 35, to share in faith, service, and fun! We host weekly Bible studies and monthly worship, service, and social events.
Join The Immaculate Conception Discipleship Group on Facebook and/or contact Amy at email@example.com to be added to our e-mail list.
You can also subscribe to our Google Calendar to keep up to date with our events.
Our weekly Bible study sessions are held every Wednesday at 7 PM in the Nelligan room, located in the Parish Office Building. We hope that you will take a break from your busy work week and join us for a time of discussion, prayer, and spiritual growth! Our current study series is: “Mary: A Biblical Walk with the Blessed Mother,” by Dr. Edward Sri.
Discipleship’s Worship Nights are held regularly on the second Saturday of every month. Our next Worship Night will be on Saturday, October 13th, at 7:00 PM in the main church. We will have a guest speaker, adoration/benediction and opportunities for confession, followed by food and fellowship. More details to come.
Do you feel called to serve during Mass? We’d love for more young adults to partake in the Mass by offering Holy Communion, reading the Word of God, or being the face of Christ to others through our Encounter Ministry!
Eucharistic Minister/Lector: If you are interested in being trained, please contact Fr. Joe Barr for more details. You can request to serve every 3rd Sunday of the month during the 5:30 PM Praise Mass with other young adults, and/or choose to be randomly assigned to various masses.
Encounter Ministry: The Encounter Ministry is a new initiative, which encompasses the tasks of greeting, handing out song sheets, seating people, doing the collection, handing out bulletins, etc. The goal is to use these “tasks” as opportunities to BE CHRIST to the congregation! Please contact Lauren McKeegan for more details on this exciting ministry.
From attending community events such as Orioles games and Relay for Life to serving at places like Our Daily Bread and local pregnancy centers, Discipleship’s social and service events offer a variety of ways to get involved and serve others. To stay up to date on Discipleship’s latest events, please join The Immaculate Conception Discipleship Group on Facebook, subscribe to our Google Calendar, or ask to be added to our e-mail list. For more information, please contact Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RUNNERS! If you're interested in running, below is a link where you can sign up. To join the "Blisters for Sisters" Competition, please select "join team" and put the name "Discipleship" in the box. Under the parish box, please put "Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, Towson, MD" to represent!
VOLUNTEERS! There are 2 options:
- Option 1 (Need at least 3-4 people):
* Arrive at 6:15 am (If you are running you can volunteer for this part! It ends at 7:30. Race starts at 8:00.)
* Direct traffic into parking lot.
* Direct folks from parking lot to registration table.
- Option 2 (Need at least 6 people):
* Arrive at 6:45 am
* Direct runners on course during race. This will be very important!
* At 7:00 am Charm City will shuttle 6 people to different locations throughout the course.
* If you are helping out with this you NEED TO ARRIVE AT 6:45!
- Carol Small is the person from Little Sisters of the Poor who is in charge of this. She will mainly be in the center step area in front of the Cathedral. If you can't find anyone or have questions, look for Carol Small and tell her you are with Discipleship. She will tell you what to do.
- The more volunteers the merrier! Don't get discouraged just because there is a certain number for each of the volunteer options. We will find a place for you to help out!
- If you are looking for something to do during the race then you can always CHEER ON THE RUNNERS! This is probably the MOST important! We want to encourage everyone in their efforts and to finish strong!
Saturday, October 27th – Save the Date for a fall-themed social event!
Transform Your Life!
Discipleship has committed to supporting Immaculate's perpetual adoration chapel, so it can continue to stay open 24-7! Volunteers can sign up as needed to ensure that a worshiper is there each Sunday from 2-3 PM. If you are interested, please contact Jose here, or at email@example.com. Thank you so much for your help!
If you would like to help, but prefer signing up for another time as a full-time or substitute adorer, you can sign-up here. If you want to pair up with another Discipleship member, please let us know and we will put you in touch with anyone interested in the same time. The Adoration Chapel is a wonderful blessing to our community and we want to keep it open! Come spend time with Jesus, grow in friendship with Him, and watch Him change your life!!! More information on Immaculate Conception’s Adoration Chapel can be found here.
Discover what ministries have to offer and what you can offer to your parish!