Skip Navigation

History

Towson Catholic High School is the oldest Catholic co-educational high school in Baltimore County; it was founded for the Church of the Immaculate Conception in 1922 by Father Phillip Sheridan.  For over 80 years the school has met the changing educational needs of young men and women in the heart of Towson, Maryland.  Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools since 1956, Towson Catholic is currently evaluating the vision for accreditation in the MSA process.

Originally established as a parish school serving the needs of parish families, Towson Catholic has grown into an Archdiocesan resource.  The 2008-2009 student body of 250 students represents a diverse community of families from 56 different zip code areas.  The co-educational environment appeals to students throughout the region.  Towson Catholic is one of only three co-educational, parish, Catholic high schools throughout the Archdiocese of Baltimore.  The  others are Mount Carmel in Essex and St. Mary’s in Annapolis.

In addition to students from surrounding counties, Towson Catholic High School has become an essential resource for urban and suburban students who want a small, Catholic, co-educational environment.  In 2007-2008, nearly 29% of the student body came from Baltimore City, 13% of whom are African American.  Most Towson Catholic students are from families who seek affordable Catholic education and often travel significant distances.

Immaculate Conception School and The Church of the Immaculate Conception

Why ICS?

Want to learn more about ICS and see what a great school we have?